Generate Checkout Links
A Checkout Link is a direct link or QR code to a checkout flow for a specific product. Shoppers click this link or scan this QR code with their mobile device and are immediately taken to a product-specific checkout page to purchase a product. This reduces the number of steps in the checkout process and elevates ads or live experiences into purchase conversion.
- Turn physical ads on billboards, public transportation, and street kiosks into points of conversion.
- Create an intuitive shopping journey by sending shoppers to a preloaded cart with items yet to be purchased.
- Create QR codes that allow in-store shoppers to purchase out-of-stock items online with one click.
|Merchant Benefits||Shopper Benefits|
|Easily direct shoppers to a purchasing experience from across branded sites.||Skip navigating through a storefront to buy a desired product.|
|Further reduce friction at checkout, enhancing the one-click shopping experience for shoppers and increasing conversion.||Can purchase their favorite products through SMS/email marketing campaigns without finding the specific product on a website themselves.|
|View analytics for orders purchased via Checkout Links versus the storefront.|
- Customer clicks on Checkout Link or scans a QR code.
- Shopper is directed to either:
a. A Bolt-hosted product display page with the product SKU preselected.
b. A checkout page with the product SKU already populated.
- Shopper checks out via one-click checkout. If the shopper is logged in to the Bolt network, they will complete checkout seconds after clicking the Checkout Link.
- Order via Checkout Link is reflected in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard and Analytics.
Constructing Checkout Links
Checkout links are constructed using the product SKU, provided by the merchant. This SKU can either be a parent SKU (for example, a sweater), or a child SKU representing a specific variant (for example, the same sweater in the color red and size medium.
Generate Checkout Links
Contact your Customer Success Manager to request activation of the Checkout Links feature. You’ll need to provide the following information in a CSV file:
- Product SKU
- Product URL
- UTM Source
This information will be compiled with other parameters to create links with the following URL structure:
URL Structure Definitions
||Bolt domain where checkout flow will be hosted.||
This can be configured to have another name in the URL if desired, ie.
||Bolt merchant identifier, public identifier generated by Bolt for any merchant active on Bolt.||
||Merchant SKU for the product variant selected by the shopper.||Merchant dependent.|
||Merchant product URL for this SKU.||If Bolt is unable to find the
||Bolt source attribution parameter.||Source attribution for reporting purposes. Current options:
||Bolt campaign attribution parameter.||Dependent on campaign id formatting.|
The link below will take you to a live checkout page for a Bolt product.