Set Up Bolt for Adyen
Your Adyen account must be able to accept raw PAN information in order to integrate with Bolt. To accept raw PAN information, the Webservice User that is used for Bolt will need to have the
API PCI Payments Role enabled. Please reach out to your Adyen representative to enable this role. (Learn more)
How to Integrate with Adyen
1. Link Adyen to Bolt
- Inform your Customer Success Manager that you would like to use Adyen as your payment processor.
- Create an API key from your Adyen account.
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Select Link Your Adyen Account.
- Complete the following fields:
- Merchant Account: Found from Adyen > Accounts > Merchant accounts > Account code.
- Adyen Webservice API-Key: found by following the Adyen guide linked in
- Select Submit. A modal appears for inserting your Adyen HMAC signature. This is needed to utilize webhooks.
- Generate an HMAC Key in Adyen if you haven’t already.
- Insert the Adyen HMAC signature.
- Select Submit.
You have now successfully linked Bolt to your Adyen account.
2. Set up Webhooks
Webhooks are needed for updating Bolt on dispute events.
- Contact Bolt Support to be provided your dispute webhook URL.
- Refer Adyen’s Notification Webhooks article to set up a chargeback webhook.
- Save & Test using Adyen’s Notification Webhooks article.
Real Time Account Updater
Use the Real Time Account Updater to instantly check with Visa and Mastercard for the most up-to-date card details whenever shoppers submit a payment that gets refused. If updated payment details exist for that shopper, Adyen retries the payment using the updated card details while the payment is still being processed (meaning it is experienced as one single transaction).
- Reach out to your Adyen representative and express your interest in enabling this feature.
- Confirm with Adyen that they are using the correct RSA public key for credit card JSON Web Encryption (JWE).
- Request that RTAU be enabled on your account.
- Follow the setup steps found in Adyen’s RTAU setup guide.
- Submit a request to your Bolt CSM to confirm setup was successful.
See Adyen’s test card documentation to test your setup in sandbox or staging.