Set Up Bolt for Braintree
How to Integrate with Braintree
1. Add Bolt IPs to Allowlist List
Use Braintree’s Allowlist documentation to allow the following IPs:
2. Add Braintree Keys to Bolt
You must be an admin in your Bolt Merchant Account to complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Braintree Production Console or Sandbox Console.
- Select the Settings icon > API.
- Select Generate new API Key.
- Select View. It should provide the following keys:
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Copy the mentioned keys.
- Open the Bolt Merchant Production Dashboard or Sandbox Dashboard in a separate tab.
- Navigate to Settings >Payments.
- Add your Braintree keys.
- Submit to save.
3. Configure Braintree Webhook
This notifies Bolt about any disputes that occur.
- Contact your Bolt CSM or Bolt Support for your unique Webhook URL.
- Log in to the Braintree Production Console or Braintree Sandbox Console
- Select Webhooks > Create new webhook.
- Configure the webhook.
- Update the following:
- Destination URL:
<USE THE LINK YOU OBTAINED IN STEP 1>
- Enable Lost, Opened, and Won Disputes
- Enable Disbursement
- Destination URL:
- Locate the newly created webhook URL and select it to test; a success message appears.
4. Define Risk Settings
Risk settings found in your Braintree account must be configured differently depending on your fraud coverage.
You must set up a user in Braintree for Bolt in order for our team to dispute chargebacks on your behalf.
Disable fraud settings (Postal Code, Street Address, and AVS Errors). This is handled by Bolt on your behalf.
- Postal Code Options:
- Postal Code does not match (when provided)
- Postal Code not verified
- Postal Code not provided
- Street Address Options:
- Street Address does not match (when provided)
- Street Address not verified
- Street Address not provided
- AVS Error Options:
- Issuing bank does not support AVS
- AVS system error
Not Bolt Indemnified
Enable fraud settings provided by Braintree as desired.