This is a guide to setup Bolt on Magento
Supported Magento Versions
Supported PHP version
- Download the Bolt Magento plugin: Bolt Magento plugin
- Your production Magento server needs to be on HTTPS with a valid certificate
- Self-signed certificates are not allowed
- You should have account to Bolt merchant dashboard sandbox where you can access API keys for testing.
- If you have security settings or DDoS protection against bots, please whitelist our User-Agent:
Bolt - https://www.bolt.com
In the top level of your Magento store installation, copy and paste the contents of the Bolt Magento plugin files.
Upgrading the extension from pre 1.0 version
If you are upgrading the plugin, you can simply paste the content of the zip file in the top-level directory, overwriting the older version.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0.0 or below, you will also need to delete the folder
Magento cache needs to be cleared for the server to pick up the new plugin
Admin console →
Cache Management →
From the Magento Admin navigate to
where you will find a tab labeled
Bolt Pay. You will insert your Bolt Keys and Signing Secret that are available from the merchant dashboard.
Where to find keys
- API Key
used for calling Bolt API from your back-end server
- Signing Secret
used for signature verification to check the authenticity of webhook requests
- Publishable Key - Multi-Page Checkout
used to open the Bolt Payment Popup in Shopping cart page
If you use Bolt in checkout page to collect only billing information (non-standard), set "Publishable Key - One Page Checkout" too. Otherwise keep it blank.
- If Bolt is your only payment option, select
Yesfor Skip Payment Method Step.
Login to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Select from the menu
Keys and URLs
- Scroll down to the
- Set Webhook URL to:
- Set Shipping and Tax URL to:
- Set Create Order URL to:
This is the final step in the configuration. This will turn on Bolt and will enable your site to start accepting payments from Bolt
Disabling Bolt Extension
If at any point the plugin setup does not work within your environment and you wish to completely disable it in order to troubleshoot, use the following:
Disable Modules Output →
Admin console →
Payment Methods →
- Select the
Enable Bolt Payoption