Open Source (CE)
2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
Commerce using on prem (EE)
2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
Composer PHP Dependency Manager
The location of the Magento root folder depends on where you originally installed Magento, and is also driven by your webhosting company. If you navigate to your Magento 2 root, you’ll see the next folders:
Open command prompt, go to
<MAGENTO_ROOT>folder and run the following
$ composer require boltpay/bolt-magento2 $ php bin/magento setup:upgrade $ php bin/magento setup:di:compile $ php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f $ php bin/magento cache:clean $ php bin/magento cache:flush
To configure the Bolt plugin:
- Login to the store admin panel.
- Navigate to Stores | Configuration | Sales | Payment Methods | Bolt Pay.
- Set the
Enableddropdown to Yes.
- Enter an appropriate Title such as Credit & Debit Cards.
The following values can be found in your Bolt Merchant Dashboard under Settings | Users and Keys:
- API Key
- Signing Secret,
- Publishable Key - Multi Step
- Publishable Key - Payment Only
- Publishable Key - Back-office
(Go Here for details on configuring the Back-office)
Note — The API key and Signing secret are mandatory, But It is not mandatory to have all three publishable keys. Depending upon your configuration you may only need one or two, but you must have at least one.
For production, credentials will be found at:
For sandbox mode, use the following URL:
- API Key — used for calling Bolt API from your back-end server
- Signing Secret — used for signature verification in checking the authenticity of webhook requests
- Publishable Key - Multi Step — used to open the Bolt Payment Popup typically on Shopping cart and product pages
- Publishable Key - Payment Only — used to open the Bolt Payment Popup typically on checkout pages
- Publishable Key - Back-office — used in the backoffice of Magento for manually-created orders.
Each of these requires a separate division + publishable key"
- Sandbox Mode — setting up testing vs. production execution environment
YES - both authorization and capture are done in a single step
NO - the funds are captured in a separate request, initiated either from the store admin panel or from the Bolt merchant dashboard
- Replace Button Selectors
comma separated list of CSS selectors matching the elements to be replaced with Bolt checkout buttons, or Bolt checkout buttons placed alongside them
- no suffix - the default — inserts Bolt button in place of the element and removes the element
- |append suffix - example-selector|append — inserts Bolt button right after the element
- |prepend suffix - example-selector|prepend — inserts Bolt button right before the element
Login to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Navigate to Settings | Keys and URLs
- Scroll down to the URL Configurations section
- Set the Webhook URL to:
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to:
Your Bolt Payment Plugin is now installed and configured.
Updated 26 days ago