Void Authorized Transactions
Merchants can manually void an authorized transaction in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. Voiding an authorization cancels the shopper’s order prior to the capture of funds. Bolt does not collect fees on voided orders.
How to Void a Transaction
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Select Transactions at the top of the page.
- Locate the transaction by searching for the following: customer name, order number, Bolt transaction ID, or customer email.
- Select the transaction to open the transaction details; only transactions with a status of
In Review can be voided.
- Select Void.
- Confirm. This does the following:
- Removes your hold on the customer’s funds
- Sends the customer an email informing them of the declined order.
- Changes the order status for the transaction to
Cancelled in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Cancels the transaction in your eCommerce platform
If you choose to partially capture funds and do not have multiple capture enabled, you will not be able to capture the reminder of the funds on the order!
Find what you need?
Rate this article on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best.