Disputes Process Overview
Disputes are handled differently depending on whether you are using Bolt Payments as a payment facilitator (processed by Adyen) or if you use other processors such as Stripe, Braintree, Auth.net, NMI, and so on.
If you are unsure which category your organization fall into, reach out to your internal Bolt Merchant Account administrator and ask which processor you are partnered with.
For a walkthrough of how a dispute begins and ends, see the following resources:
- Bolt Pay Disputes
- Adyen Disputes
- Authorize.net Disputes
- Braintree Disputes
- Cybersource Disputes
- NMI Disputes
- Stripe Disputes
Disputes are communicated using a combination of dispute codes and dispute statuses to track why a dispute occurred and whether a dispute has been won, lost, or expired.
Familiarize yourself with the expected response timelines, required documentation, and liability qualifications to ensure Bolt can best represent you during the disputes process.
Bolt Support must have limited access to your payment processor portal in order to handle disputes on your behalf. This enables our team to collect and submit dispute evidence, as well as quickly respond to all time-sensitive action items associated with your chargebacks.
You can share access to your processor portals by granting relevant permissions to
Refer to the official Adyen documentation while setting up a new user.
- Log in to the Customer Area using your company-level account.
- Navigate to Account > Users.
- Select Add new user.
- Update Contact Details with the following:
- Navigate to Roles and Associated Accounts.
- Select the following roles:
- Merchant Dispute Management
- Merchant System Messages
- Merchant Technical Integrator
Refer to the official Authorize.net documentation while setting up a new user.
- Log into the Merchant Interface.
- Navigate to Account > User Administration.
- Select + Add User.
- Choose the type of user you would like to add.
- Customize the permissions.
- Select Next.
- Create a Login ID; must be at least six (6) characters.
- Enter the new user’s information.
- Select Submit.
- Select Request Pin to verify and start the authentication process. A pin number will be sent to the Bolt email address.
- Bolt Support will retrieve the PIN from the email.
When Bolt verifies the pin, you will see an Identify Verified status.
Refer to the official Braintree documentation while setting up a new user.
- Log in to the Braintree Control Panel.
- Navigate to Settings icon > Team.
- Select New User.
- Input the following into the user details:
- Select Rights Granted and check the following:
- Download Transactions with Masked Payment Data (Transactions)
- Create, Run, and Download Reports (Reports)
- View, manage and contest disputes (Disputes Management)
- Select the associated Merchant Account ID(s) this user needs access to.
- Select Create User.
Your merchant account must have Paymentech’s Online Chargeback Management System for Bolt to process chargebacks.
- Call Chase Merchant Services at 888-886-8869 and request the Online Management System be added to your merchant account.
- Add an account for Bolt Chargebacks with the following details:
Refer to the official Cybersource documentation while setting up a new user.
- Log in the Cybersource.
- Select the Account Management > Users. The Users page appears.
- Select Add User.
- Select the correct Merchant ID in the drop down list.
- Enter the user’s name and email address.
- Select a role.
- Optionally select a user group.
- Log in to NMI.
- Navigate to Settings > Users.
- Select INVITE USER.
- Complete user information.
- Define permissions.
- Select SEND INVITE.
Refer to the official Paypal documentation while setting up a new user.
- Log in to your PayPal Business Profile.
- Navigate to Profile and settings > My settings.
- Select Manage Users > Get Started.
- Select Add user.
- Enter User information and Create User Login Information.
- Select the Process Refunds permission.