Provide as much of the following pieces of documentation as possible to improve your chances of avoiding a chargeback:
- Description of the products or services purchased
- Order Invoice, to prove shipping address
- Name of Shipping Carrier
- Order Tracking Number
- Link to the order tracking page on the carrier’s website
- Shipping receipt to prove the date of shipment
- Any correspondence you may have with the customer
- The transaction date
- The shipping date
After the merchant responds to the retrieval request, the customer may be satisfied with the information and request no further action, or the customer may decide to file a chargeback formally.
Find what you need?
Rate this article on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best.