Void Authorized Transactions
Merchants can manually void an authorized transaction in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. Voiding an authorization cancels the shopper’s order prior to the capture of funds.
How to Void a Transaction
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Select Transactions at the top of the page.
- Locate the transaction by searching for the following: customer name, order number, Bolt transaction ID, or customer email.
- Select the transaction to open the transaction details; only transactions with a status of
In Reviewcan be voided.
- Select Void.
- Confirm. This does the following:
- Removes your hold on the customer’s funds
- Sends the customer an email informing them of the declined order.
- Changes the order status for the transaction to
Cancelledin the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Cancels the transaction in your eCommerce platform
If you choose to partially capture funds and do not have multiple capture enabled, you will not be able to capture the reminder of the funds on the order!
Learn which Bolt fees are eligible for refund when you void a transaction.