August 20, 2021
GA: August Roundup
- Multi-Processor Support: Previously, a merchant had to create a new account with Bolt to switch processors. Now, merchants do not need a new account to switch processors. This enables merchants to more easily negotiate better processing rates without worrying about impacts to their integrations and operations caused by setting up a new account.
- Delivery Subtext: Merchants can now add more context for delivery options by making use of a 60-character description (
description) line beneath the shipping method, which also supports tooltips (
description_tooltips). This feature is available through the Merchant API for Shipping and Tax.
July 31, 2021
GA: July Roundup
- Checkout Previews: We’ve begun consolidating checkout feature settings into a more user-friendly dashboard component that allows for previewing different iterations of the Bolt Checkout Modal based on key features for shipping, delivery, and payment settings (among others).
- Route Insurance: We’ve made it easier to set up Route insurance as an addon in your checkout experience. To set up Route Insurance, simply toggle the setting to
enabledfrom the Product Add-Ons list in Settings > Checkout Settings.
March 23, 2021
GA: March Roundup
- The Overview tab in the Merchant Dashboard has been replaced by a more robust Merchant Analytics dashboard. This dashboard includes analytics for transactions, funding, payments, risk, and more.
- Alternative Payment Methods are now available in the logged-in checkout flow. As a merchant, you can ensure all of your customers (both logged-in and guest checkout users) can select from a variety of top APMs to complete their purchases. Bolt Account shoppers can select from
Amazon Pay, and
PayPalas a payment method during checkout.
- Merchants using a custom (direct API) integration can now dynamically hide Alternative Payment Methods using rules and conditions. This builds off of Bolt’s Dynamic Customizations. To enable this feature, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
February 4, 2021
GA: Updates for Early February
- Canadian addresses are now supported when P.O. Box Restrictions are enabled and you are using Lob. This enables merchants to validate and auto-correct Canadian addresses input by shoppers.
Long item names are now truncated (instead of cut off) in the shopping cart. Shoppers can read the item’s full name by hovering over it in the cart. This enables shoppers to checkout more confidently, especially when a product has many variants.
The Discount code input field now uses the
$primary-action-colorused by the checkout modal instead of the default Bolt blue. This allows more consistent theming for merchants.
January 27, 2021
GA: Merchant Editable Allowlist
Merchant can now use the Allowlist to manage an email roster of trusted shoppers from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. This feature enables merchants to accept orders from known customers, bypassing Bolt’s fraud analysis and indemnification.
December 11, 2020
GA: reCAPTCHA for Bolt Checkout
We’ve added reCAPTCHA functionality to Bolt Checkout. Merchants can now view reCAPTCHA scores from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard and define score thresholds. These thresholds screen orders placed by shoppers to determine if a shopper is a human or a bot. Orders scored below the defined threshold cannot be completed; instead, the shopper is prompted to retry placing the order.
October 19, 2020
- Order Re-Reviews: Merchants can submit re-review requests from the transaction details view for rejected transactions when certain conditions are met.
August 11, 2020
GA: Rejected Order Insights
- Rejected Order Insights: Merchants can now view the top 3 rejection reasons Bolt identified when flagging an order as a fraud risk. This can be viewed by opening a transaction from the Merchant Dashboard.
May 29, 2020
GA: Checkboxes & Notices Update
- Added: Merchants can now add links to custom checkboxes and notices displayed in Bolt checkout.
- Added: Merchants can now mark checkboxes as required.