WordPress 2.7 or higher
WooCommerce 3.0.0 or higher
PHP 5.5 or higher
WordPress Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bolt-checkout-woocommerce/
Installation Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhxCJACBLbI
Up to Date
Make sure to keep your plugins and extensions current.
This sections covers the installation and activation of the Bolt Checkout plugin as well as merchant configuration for the Bolt Merchant dashboard.
In the WordPress Admin Dashboard, navigate to Plugins and select Add New.
Search for 'bolt checkout' and find the plugin named Bolt Checkout for WooCommerce.
Click the Install Now button. Once installation is complete, click Activate.
Under Plugins, find WooCommerce Bolt Checkout and select Settings.
- Ensure Enable Bolt Gateway is checked.
- Ensure Bolt Sandbox Mode is checked for testing, or unchecked for production.
To complete the configuration, log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard using the login details provided by Bolt.
- In the Bolt Merchant Dashboard, navigate to Settings and select Keys and URLs.
- Scroll down to the URL Configurations section
- Copy the API Key, Signing Secret, and Publishable Key from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard into the Bolt Plugin Settings in Wordpress.
- Copy the Webhook and Shipping and Tax URLs from the Bolt Plugin Settings in Wordpress into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
The Webhook URL should be:
The Shipping and Tax URL should be:
If you see the Create Order configuration available in your URL configuration, it means that pre-order creation is enabled for you. Configure the URL to be the same as response webhook, but replace “response” with “create-order”
Whitelist Bolt IPs
Ensure the IPs provided by Bolt are whitelisted to allow access to the endpoints above.
Check for the Extension Plugin
If you are upgrading your version of the Bolt Plugin and have the Bolt Extension plugin installed as well, be sure to update both plugins. Failing to upgrade Bolt Extension could break some functionality of the primary Bolt plugin.
You have completed the Bolt Checkout for WooCommerce integration.
Each plugin in Woocommerce is located into separate directory inside wp-content/plugins/
- Delete old extension plugin
- Install new extension plugin
- Activate new extension plugin.
You will find some additional guidance on how to update plugins and extensions on the WooCommerce site.
Updated 16 days ago