Customer Account Migration
You can migrate customer accounts from an ecommerce platform to Bolt. Doing so unlocks the ability for customers to use Single Sign-On(SSO) at checkout.
Contact your Bolt customer success manager to enable SSO for migrated shoppers and enable migrated users to login.
- Use either Magento 2 / Adobe Commerce or BigCommerce as your platform
- Have Administrator dashboard privileges
Enable Account Migration for Magento 2 / Adobe Commerce
- Bolt version 2.25.1
Send API Keys to Bolt
- Navigate to the Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Bolt Pay > Advanced Options.
- Select Create and send API keys to Bolt.
Enable Account Migrations for BigCommerce
No additional steps are needed to enable Account Migration. You can enable single sign-on for migrated BigCommerce customer accounts.
How to Migrate Customer Accounts
- Log in to the Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developers and select the Accounts tab.
- Select the correct merchant division.
- Under the Account Migrations settings, select Start to initiate an account migration.
When you initiate an Account Migration, you will see the following menu items:
- Date - The date of the migration
- Status - The state of the migration
- Action - If the migration fails, you will see a Retry button
Statuses and Errors
The following section is a key for statuses and errors you may encounter when migrating accounts.
- Pending - The account migration is queued and will begin shortly.
- In Progress - The account migration is in progress.
- Complete - The account migration is complete and all accounts are successfully migrated to Bolt.
- Failed - There was an error during the Account Migration process. If the failure persists, contact Bolt support.
Please wait for the account migration to complete before starting a new account migration- You can only perform one migration at a time. The migration that is in progress must be completed before you can initiate another.
This action is forbidden- The user does not have Dashboard Administrator permissions.
Oops, something went wrong- A generic error message. Contact Bolt support for details.