March 3, 2022
- A new and improved Payment Settings user interface in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard makes it easy to configure the alternative payment methods you offer to shoppers.
February 18, 2022
Risk Assessment Scoring is now available to participating Beta merchants!
Risk Assessment Scoring
Risk Assessment Scoring decouples risk scoring from indemnification to provide:
- Merchants with detailed insights into risk scoring for each credit card transaction
- A pathway to easily upgrade to full Fraud Protection
August 20, 2021
- Multi-Processor Support: Previously, a merchant had to create a new account with Bolt to switch processors. Now, merchants do not need a new account to switch processors. This enables merchants to more easily negotiate better processing rates without worrying about impacts to their integrations and operations caused by setting up a new account.
- Delivery Subtext: Merchants can now add more context for delivery options by making use of a 60-character description (
description) line beneath the shipping method, which also supports tooltips (
description_tooltips). This feature is available through the Merchant Callback API for Shipping and Tax.
March 23, 2021
- The Overview tab in the Merchant Dashboard has been replaced by a more robust Merchant Analytics dashboard. This dashboard includes analytics for transactions, funding, payments, risk, and more.
- Alternative Payment Methods are now available in the logged-in checkout flow. As a merchant, you can ensure all of your customers (both logged-in and guest checkout users) can select from a variety of top APMs to complete their purchases. Bolt Account shoppers can select from
Amazon Pay, and
PayPalas a payment method during checkout.
- Merchants using a custom (direct API) integration can now dynamically hide Alternative Payment Methods using rules and conditions. This builds off of Bolt’s Dynamic Customizations. To enable this feature, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
January 27, 2021
Merchant can now use the Allowlist to manage an email roster of trusted shoppers from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. This feature enables merchants to accept orders from known customers, bypassing Bolt’s fraud analysis and indemnification.