Enable Product Add-ons & Upsells
How to Manage Product Add-ons
Merchants must reach out to their Customer Success Manager to have this feature enabled in the dashboard before using the following steps
Products must be simple products without variant options to be eligible as a product add-on.
Add a Product
Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
Navigate to the Settings > Checkout.
Scroll to Product Add-ons in Checkout.
Select + NEW ADD-ON.
Complete the following fields:
- Name: Displayed to shoppers; recommended <20 characters.
- Description: Displayed to shoppers.
- Product ID: Defines the shopping cart platform identifier used when adding the item to the shopper’s cart. Note that the Product ID is a separate identifier than the product SKU.
- Unit Price (USD): Defines the cost of the product. This amount should match the shopping cart platform price. If you find a variance please contact Bolt Support.
- Image URL: Displays the image to the shopper.
- Product URL: Defines the displayed link for the add-on product’s dedicated page.
- Display in Checkout: Displays the product add-on in the Bolt Checkout modal.
- Display in Tracking: Displays the product add-on post-purchase. This should only be checked if using Bolt’s Order Tracking feature.
- Always Display: Displays the product add-on even when the item is currently in the cart.
- Show info Modal: Should only be enabled when using Bolt’s BigCommerce and Route integration.
Select ADD PRODUCT ADD-ONs.
Providing the Product URL displays a tooltip next to the item in the cart, enabling a shopper to navigate to its product page and read more information.
You can edit the product at any time.
Remove a Product
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Settings > Checkout.
- Scroll to Product Add-ons in Checkout.
- Find the product’s row.
- Select Delete.
- Select REMOVE ADD-ON to confirm.